Thursday, November 26, 2009

Monitoring the GAME Plan

As an update on the GAME plan I will answer the following questions to notify all my fellow cohort colleagues and instructor of Walden EDUC 6713 of my project progress.

-Are you finding the information and resources that you need?
Yes I am.

-Do you need to modify your action plan?
I may change my action plan to a project that may allow a digital storyboard lesson for it. Currently with my energy project, I'm having difficulty coming up with a digital storyboard lesson that will fit with it and looking forward into the course I realize it's a necessary component in the project's assessment.

-What have you learned so far?
So far I have learned how to diversify my lesson plans for those with exceptional needs and to choose the correct assessment for the right unit of study.

-What new questions have arisen?
If you notice two questions prior, I have completed storyboards in class before just never in a digital situation. It will be interesting to learn the software that will allow the students to accomplish this task.

3 comments:

  1. Steve-

    I like the idea of a digital storyboard to enhance your energy project. Do you have a software in mind? Are you thinking of using this as a formal assessment of the students' learning during the unit? I have not used the story board as a part of a project so I am interested in hearing more about how you use this tool.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Melissa, I was also going to ask what technological resource you are going to use to make the story board. I am also curious as to how you use a story board. I would love to hear more about the project.

    It might not be exactly what you are looking for, but I use the website http://www.bitstrips.com for my students to make their own comic strips. I use the website for a superhero comic in German when students learn the subjunctive case. It is a fun site and the kids get to make their own characters, set the background, use props, change facial expressions and so on. I used it for the first time last year and had a great response. It could work for a storyboard.

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa and Stephanie, I do not know how to use a digital storyboard yet but I notice that the future of this course depends on it. Thanks Stephanie for the advice on http://www.bitstrips.com

    ReplyDelete