Friday, December 25, 2009

EDUC 6713 Final Reflection

In this course, I have greatly learned some valuable perspectives into the education industry. This course has allowed me to push my own limits of my practice. Using Technology in the right manner that it was conceptualized, I am allowed to make sure that my instruction adequately meets the needs of all my students (from the general median to the exceptional student included within my classroom).

The progress has also allowed myself to make sure that I challenge and push students in different unique methods. Using the Problem-Based Learning approach, students are tied into the content of my curriculum by using real-world problems that the students can relate with in some manner. This approach also provides the student with a creative approach to guide their own learning and method to solving the problem that they are introduced to in-class. Ultimately this places further responsibility upon the student for their learning outcome rather than the teacher them self. This responsibility feeds the student to have a greater sense of how to use the technology tools in an educational role with an ethical manner. No longer would they perceive the tools as a method to flirt with their friends, but an avenue to accomplish great projects.

Lastly when the students are tied into the materials in this manner, they are appropriately meeting the standards put forth by the International Society of Technology Education for quality learning experiences. In my future, I will reflect on these standards and my experiences with this course and the GAME plan I developed and make sure that I am consistently improving my pedagogy for the benefit of my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment